There is a ridiculous amount of so-called “Detoxification Programs” out there that are doing more harm than good. Misleading advertising, improper dosing of supplementation can make you more toxic than when they first started. Therefore, you HAVE to realize what toxins you have been exposed to so that you can safely and effectively detoxify yourself.
We All Have Them
We all have small amounts of toxins in our body, so there is no need to panic, but when an excess of these toxins builds up and overwhelms our bodies – that’s when disease sets in. Detoxification is not a single reaction but rather an entire process that involves numerous reactions and multiple players.
“Detoxification is central to understanding functional assessment in medicine not so much because we live in a toxic environment, but because detoxification is the biggest item in everyone’s biochemical budget. It handles waste not only from our environment but from every process in all the organs and systems of the body.” – Sidney Baker, MD
Proper Makes Permanent
Proper detoxification is also critical when it comes to permanent weight loss because if you have a surplus of toxins in your bloodstream, your body’s metabolism will slow down4. Your body tells your thyroid to stop working, immediately storing the toxins as fat cells so that your body doesn’t get overwhelmed. Eating quality foods will reduce the number of toxins you’re putting into your body, which translates into losing fat faster.
Eating quality, organic, local foods will also allow your body to release more body fat, and who doesn’t want that?
Make the Changes
So, instead of going on some extreme, non-sustainable, lifestyle-altering detoxification diet, make the proper lifestyle changes so that you are always detoxifying your body naturally.
It’s easier than you might think
- Drink plenty of filtered water: 9 glasses for women and 13 glasses for men per day.
- Move your bowels at least 2-3 times per day. If this is a problem, increase your fiber and healthy fat intake using two tablespoons of freshly ground flaxseed. Make sure you are getting enough water, as outlined above, and use a quality probiotic as well.
- Eat 10-12 servings of mainly vegetables and a small amount of fruit daily. Eat the full rainbow of colors in vegetables.
- Eat vegetables that are high in sulfur like collards, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, kale, onions, and garlic.
- Eliminate or greatly reduce any alcohol intake.
- Eliminate or reduce stimulants like caffeine or nicotine.
- Eliminate all sugar and flour.
- Sweat profusely daily, or at least three times per week using, for example, a steam room or sauna, or wear extra layers while working out. Remember to hydrate properly with water immediately after and to replace your electrolytes with a quality salt in your next meal.
- Exercise at high levels of intensity (only after being cleared by your doctor for the activity, of course).
- Take MediClear-SGS and Glutathione-SR here is. why: MediClear-SGS is a rice-and-pea protein formula with a complete multi-vitamin/mineral profile, antioxidants, and broccoli seed extract – offering daily detox support for a toxic world. For more information, https://thor.ne/VyMmI and Glutathione-SR is a sustained-release form of glutathione that provides antioxidant support for the liver, brain, heart, lung, and eyes.* It also helps the body respond to physical activity. For more information, https://thor.ne/4qC07
Do you what to receive 10% off of all Thorne’s products? Email us at email@example.com
Detoxifying naturally will bring your body better and longer-lasting results. Do not fall victim to these quick fix “detoxifying programs.” It’s what you do every day, that is what counts!