Dr Jack Logo

Mold Toxicity

Home > Services > 

Mold Toxicity

Dr. Jack Kunkel

Mold Toxicity

Mold is a type of fungi and it is literally everywhere! It’s found in our homes, outdoors, and even in our food. In our homes, mold generally grows in places that have a lot of moisture such as roofs, windows, or pipes, or where there has been flooding. 

Mold can also grow in dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery and also grows well on paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles, and wood products.

Mold Toxicity

Many Americans don’t notice mold’s constant presence, but there are others who are exposed to higher amounts of mold or are more sensitive to it. Sometimes people who are exposed to or breathe in mold spores and mold biotoxins develop an illness called mold toxicity.

Biotoxins are toxic substances made by biological organisms, like molds or bacteria.

Symptoms of mold toxicity:

  • Respiratory symptoms such as sinusitis, asthma, wheezing, runny nose, sneezing, shortness of breath, swollen nasal passages, nosebleeds, and chronic upper respiratory tract problems.
  • Allergy symptoms or allergic reactions such as Skin infections, rashes, watery eyes, sore throat
  • Neurological symptoms, such as memory loss, brain fog, executive function disorders, depression, vision changes, and even autism spectrum disorder
  • Chronic fatigue
  • Digestive symptoms such as nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, or vomiting.
  • Inflammation

These symptoms could be indicative of other illnesses and could be masked by their mild nature, but you won’t know if its mold toxicity until you get tested.

Check Out Our 50+ Five Star Reviews

GET STARTED!

Click below to set up your consultation.